Canadensys Aerospace is a Toronto-based space systems and services company with a focus on accessible space. Canadensys is particularly engaged in the area of small space systems for high-reliability, long duration and extreme environment applications. Products and services span two main business areas: Space Exploration and Space Services. This position primarily supports the Space Exploration business line. Canadensys is currently developing a number of systems to improve the reliability of small, low-cost missions in deep space with near term applications spanning Moon, Mars and Asteroid exploration and both government and commercial space initiatives.
We are seeking high-calibre, experienced candidates across mechanical, electrical and software disciplines to join a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team working on a series of flight-focused and near-term space development activities.
We currently have an opening for a hands-on intermediate electrical systems engineer who will support the design and development of electrical subsystems across the full product life-cycle from R&D and early-phase design to full flight-build, test, and operations. Experience with the design and build of micro/nano satellites, deep space & planetary instrumentation and/or robotic systems would be a strong asset.
– Intermediate role supporting the end-to-end electrical design and development cycle, from early-phase formulation, R&D, prototyping and engineering model development, to final flight design, build, test and delivery.
– Analog and digital circuitry design and troubleshooting.
– Documentation development and drawings for design, analysis, testing, manufacturing, product specification etc.
– Hardware assembly, integration, and testing for verification and validation.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with at least two (2) years of electronic design and development, and project experience, or a Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
– Highly motivated with strong leadership skills, able to operate in a fast-paced small team environment, balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders and working independently to complete project objectives
– Effective oral and written communication skills; ability to prepare and present reports to internal and external customers
Preferred Experience and Capabilities
– Strong understanding of complex electrical and electromechanical systems
– Embedded software such as Arduino
– Familiarity with:
– ECN’s, BOM’s, documentation systems, schematic capture & PCB layout tools
– Space requirements (IPC)
– Small satellite systems flight experience
– Deep space / planetary exploration
– Commercial space
– Equal Employment Opportunity
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com