Canadensys Aerospace is a Toronto-based space systems and services company with a focus on accessible space. Canadensys is particularly engaged in the area of small space systems for high-reliability, long duration and extreme environment applications. Products and services span two main business areas: Space Exploration and Space Services. This position primarily supports the Space Exploration business line.
Canadensys is currently developing a number of systems to improve the reliability of small, low-cost missions in deep space with near term applications spanning Moon, Mars and Asteroid exploration and both government and commercial space initiatives.
We are seeking high-calibre, experienced candidates across mechanical, electrical and software disciplines to join a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team working on a series of flight-focused and near-term space development activities.
The Intermediate Mechanical Engineer will play a key role in the mechanical, structural and thermal design, build and test of space systems, spanning the full end-to-end development cycle from R&D and early-phase design to full flight-build. Experience with the design and build of micro/nano satellites, deep space & planetary instrumentation and/or robotic systems would be a strong asset.
- Supporting the structural, mechanical and thermal flight subsystem design and development end to end cycle, from early-phase formulation, R&D, prototyping and engineering model development, to final flight design, build, test and delivery.
- Development of design and interface specifications traceable to system level requirements.
- Subsystem layout, design, component sizing, and mechanical analyses.
- Documentation development, CAD models and drawings for design, analysis, testing, manufacturing and assembly.
- Hardware assembly, integration, and testing for verification and validation.
- Technical interfacing with partners, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Implementation of industry standard practices in mechanical design and drafting.
- Support in area of program formulation, including planning documentation, briefings, demonstrations, proposals.
- Support to project reporting in structural, thermal & mechanical engineering areas.
- Support to development of technology development strategies & roadmaps.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, with more than five (5) years of mechanical design and development, and space project experience.
- SolidWorks or equivalent CAD design of hardware.
- Working knowledge of GD&T and ability to apply GD&T
- Experience with ASME Y14.5
- Experienced in requirement definition and verification traceability
- Highly motivated, able to operate in a fast-paced small team environment, balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders and working independently to complete project objectives
- Effective oral and written communication skills; ability to prepare and present reports to internal and external customers
Preferred Experience and Capabilities
- Strong understanding of complex, integrated electromechanical systems
- Small satellite flight experience
- Space robotics
- Deep space / planetary exploration
- Commercial space
- Human spaceflight systems experience could be an asset
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Only Canadian Citizens, Canadian Permanent Residents or those that already have valid work permits that do not require sponsorship will be considered for this position
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com