Canadensys Aerospace provides space systems and services with a focus on accessible space, particularly in the area of small space systems for high-reliability, long duration and extreme environment applications, as well as advanced off-road robotic and manned vehicle systems for industrial and military applications. Canadensys operates facilities in Bolton and Stratford, Ontario and is currently developing a number of systems to improve the reliability of small, low-cost missions in deep space with near-term applications spanning Moon, Mars and asteroid exploration under both government and commercial space initiatives, as well as vehicle platforms and systems for both space and terrestrial applications.
We are seeking high-calibre, experienced candidates to join a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team working on a series of near-term space and terrestrial development activities. The current opportunity is located in Canadensys’ facility in Stratford.
The current opening is for a hands-on Intermediate Mechanical Technologist who will support Canadensys’ growth in space exploration and terrestrial off-road vehicles by working with a team of engineers and technologists across the full product development life-cycle, from concept generation through detailed design/engineering into production and testing. The tasks and the time spent performing each task will vary as business needs require.
– Generate detailed 3D CAD models and drawings of mechanical parts and assemblies using Autodesk Inventor
– Obtain manufacturing quotes from, place purchase orders with and liaise with suppliers during manufacturing process
– Identify multiple sources, select preferred source and place orders for various raw materials, parts and components
– Assemble parts and components into functional assemblies using common hand and power tools and assembly hardware
– Perform measurements on raw materials, parts and components using common measurement devices
– Conduct tests on parts, components and assemblies according to test plans and procedures
– Work with electrical engineer/technologist to perform basic electrical system connections and tests
– Fabrication/assembly of complex electro-mechanical systems
To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mechanical Engineering Technologist / Technician diploma or Applied Engineering degree.
Work Experience Requirements:
– Minimum two years of experience designing, manufacturing, assembling and testing mechanical systems
– Experience with electro-mechanical systems or mechatronics systems is highly desirable
– Hands-on experience with off-road manned and/or robotic vehicles is highly desirable
– Proficiency in Autodesk Inventor or other CAD software is highly desirable
– Experience following quality control processes and procedures would be an asset
– Space industry experience would be an asset.
Other Job Requirements:
– Good oral and written communication skills
– Highly motivated and able to operate in a fast-paced small team environment, balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders and working independently to complete project objectives
– Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations; promote a safety work environment
– Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently and according to established deadlines
Office, laboratory and workshop environment; limited physical demands. Physical activities of the job include:
– Repetitive motions
– Light lifting and carrying
– May include occasional domestic and international travel
– Only Canadian Citizens, Canadian Permanent Residents, or those that already have valid work permits that do not require sponsorship will be considered for this position.
Canadensys is an equal-opportunity employer.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com