Canadensys Aerospace is a Toronto-based space systems and services company with a focus on accessible space. Canadensys is particularly engaged in the area of small space systems for high-reliability, long duration and extreme environment applications. Products and services span two main business areas: Space Exploration and Space Services. This position primarily supports the Space Exploration business line.
Canadensys is currently developing a number of systems to improve the reliability of small, low-cost missions in deep space with near term applications spanning Moon, Mars and Asteroid exploration and both government and commercial space initiatives.
We are seeking high-calibre, experienced candidates across mechanical, electrical and software disciplines to join a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team working on a series of flight-focused and near-term space development activities.
We currently have an opening for a Senior Embedded Systems Engineer / Team Lead to play a key role in the in the full product life-cycle of products for next generation micro and nano space exploration systems and space based services. This candidate will participate in the leadership and management of embedded software/system engineering activities, from early-phase formulation and R&D/prototyping, to full flight-development, verification & test and flight operations. Experience in the development and test of flight spacecraft and/or robotic systems embedded software is considered highly beneficial, as is the ability to work with rapid development timeframes.
- Senior role supporting the end-to-end embedded software development cycle from early-phase formulation, advance builds, R&D and prototype validation, to full flight-development, verification & test, flight operations and post-delivery support.
- Lead the development of plans and activities to develop, integrate and test embedded software components traceable to system level requirements.
- Technical co-ordination and oversight of embedded software work being performed by in-house and external developers.
- Documentation development for design, analysis, testing and integration.
- Technical interfacing with partners, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Implementation of industry standard practices for complex embedded software systems.
- Support to front-end activities, including planning documentation, briefings, demonstrations, proposals.
- Support to project reporting in embedded software engineering areas.
- Support to development of embedded software development strategies & roadmaps.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Electrical Engineering with more than ten (10) years of embedded software design and development, and project experience.
- Experienced in embedded C programming.
- Experienced in Linux kernel/application development for embedded systems.
- Familiar with FPGA design using Verilog/VHDL.
- Highly experienced in the management of the complete embedded software lifecycle.
- Experienced in requirement definition, verification traceability and resolution of embedded software issues.
- Familiar with techniques for establishing and tracking embedded software development progress.
- Familiar with embedded software verification and validation.
- Highly motivated with strong leadership skills, able to operate in a fast-paced small team environment, balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders and working independently to complete project objectives.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; ability to prepare and present reports to internal and external customers.
Preferred Experience and Capabilities
- Experienced in Embedded Software and System Engineering in the aerospace industry with a strong understanding of complex, integrated electromechanical systems and embedded software.
- Management of complex out-sourcing of embedded software deliverables.
- Experienced in the integration of embedded software products developed by multiple sources.
- Familiar with several of the following:
- Ground segment software and data handling for space systems
- Image processing algorithms
- Computer/machine vision
- Artificial Intelligence/machine learning
- Autonomous robotics software
- 3D data/product generation
- Small satellite systems flight experience
- Deep space / planetary exploration
- Commercial spaceflight
- Equal Employment Opportunity
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org