Canadensys Aerospace is a Toronto-based space systems and services company with a focus on accessible space. Canadensys is particularly engaged in the area of small space systems for high-reliability, long duration and extreme environment applications. Products and services span two main business areas: Space Exploration and Space Services. This position primarily supports the Space Exploration business line.
Canadensys is currently developing a number of systems to improve the reliability of small, low-cost missions in deep space with near term applications spanning Moon, Mars and Asteroid exploration and both government and commercial space initiatives.
We are seeking high-calibre, experienced candidates across mechanical, electrical and software disciplines to join a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team working on a series of flight-focused and near-term space development activities.
Senior spacecraft systems engineer will play a key role in the systems design, build and test of space systems, spanning the full end-to-end development cycle from R&D and early-phase design to full flight-build, integration, and mission operations. Experience with the design and build of micro/nano satellites, deep space & planetary instrumentation and/or robotic systems would be a strong asset.
- Senior role supporting the system design and development, end-to-end cycle, from early-phase formulation, R&D, prototyping and engineering model development, to final flight design, build, integration, test, delivery and operations.
- Development of design and interface specifications traceable to system level requirements.
- Subsystem layout, design, component sizing, and systems engineering analyses
- Documentation development for requirements, design, analysis, testing, manufacturing, assembly, integration and operations.
- Hardware assembly, integration, and testing for verification and validation.
- Technical interfacing with partners, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Implementation of industry standard practices in systems engineering.
- Support in area of program formulation, including planning documentation, briefings, demonstrations, proposals
- Support to project reporting
- Support to development of technology development strategies & roadmaps
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, with more than ten (10) years of design and development, and spaceflight project experience.
- Experienced in requirement definition and verification traceability
- Highly motivated with strong leadership skills, able to operate in a fast-paced small team environment, balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders and working independently to complete project objectives
- Effective oral and written communication skills; ability to prepare and present reports to internal and external customers
Preferred Experience and Capabilities
- Strong understanding of complex, integrated electromechanical systems
- Small satellite flight experience
- Deep space / planetary exploration
- Commercial space
- Human spaceflight systems experience could be an asset
– Equal Employment Opportunity
Only Canadian Citizens, Canadian Permanent Residents, or those that already have valid work permits that do not require sponsorship will be considered for this position.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org