Canadensys Aerospace is a Toronto-based space systems and services company with a focus on accessible space. Canadensys is particularly engaged in the area of small space systems for high-reliability, long duration and extreme environment applications. Products and services span two main business areas: Space Exploration and Space Services. This position primarily supports the Space Exploration business line.
Canadensys is currently developing a number of systems to improve the reliability of small, low-cost missions in deep space with near term applications spanning Moon, Mars and Asteroid exploration and both government and commercial space initiatives.
We are seeking high-calibre, experienced candidates across mechanical, electrical and software disciplines to join a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team working on a series of flight-focused and near-term space development activities.
We currently have an opening for a Senior Software Systems Engineer to play a key role in the full product life-cycle of products for next generation micro and nano space exploration systems and space based services. This candidate will participate in the leadership and management of software/systems engineering activities, end-to-end from early-phase formulation and R&D / prototyping, to full flight-development, verification & test and flight operations. Experience in the development and test of flight spacecraft and/or robotic systems software is considered highly beneficial, as is the ability to work with rapid development timeframes.
– Senior role supporting the end-to-end software development cycle from early-phase formulation, advance builds, R&D and prototype validation, to full flight-development, verification & test, flight operations and post-delivery support
– Lead the development of plans and activities to develop, integrate and test software components traceable to system level requirements.
– Technical co-ordination and oversight of software work being performed by in-house and external developers.
– Documentation development for design, analysis, testing and integration.
– Technical interfacing with partners, suppliers and subcontractors.
– Implementation of industry standard practices for complex software systems.
– Support to front-end activities, including planning documentation, briefings, demonstrations, proposals
– Support to project reporting in software engineering areas
– Support to development of software development strategies & roadmaps
– Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering with more than ten (10) years of software design and development, and project experience. Highly experienced in the management of software/network applications development.
– Experienced in requirement definition, verification traceability and resolution of software issues.
– Highly motivated with strong leadership skills, able to operate in a fast-paced small team environment, balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders and working independently to complete project objectives
– Familiar with techniques for establishing and tracking software development progress.
– Familiar with software verification and validation.
– Familiar with C, C++
– Effective oral and written communication skills; ability to prepare and present reports to internal and external customers.
Preferred Experience and Capabilities
– Experience in Systems and Software Engineering in the aerospace industry with a strong understanding of complex, integrated electromechanical systems and software
– Management of complex out-sourcing of software deliverables
– Experienced in the integration of software products developed by multiple sources
– Familiar with several of the following:
– Python, Perl, PHP, Android, iOS, and/or Linux systems
– Ground segment software and data handling for space systems
– Image processing software
– Computer/machine vision systems
– Autonomous robotics software
– 3D data/product generation
– Small satellite systems flight experience
– Deep space / planetary exploration
– Commercial spaceflight
– Equal Employment Opportunity
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com