Canadensys Aerospace Corporation
Canadensys Aerospace Corporation is a Toronto-based space systems and advanced vehicle development company founded on the heritage and expertise that spans several of Canada’s historic space achievements of the last three decades. We blend our heritage with micro and nano space technology and smart, ruggedized vehicle designs to develop unique solutions for planetary, orbital and terrestrial environments based on modern, commercial business approaches to space program and mission development.
We are seeking high-calibre, experienced candidates to join a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team working on a series of flight-focused and near-term space development activities.
Position Description – Space Systems Engineer
We are looking for a Space Systems Engineer to develop solutions for space missions. You will be responsible for leading the interdisciplinary approach governing the total technical and managerial effort required to transform a set of customer needs, expectations and constraints into a solution and to support that solution throughout its life. You will design and develop state of the art, space-based systems for our commercial and government customers. You will be working in a team-based environment to conquer the unique challenges of developing flexible systems and subsystems for small spacecraft on demanding timelines for missions to Earth orbit, cislunar and deep space.
- Apply engineering knowledge to large and/or complex projects in the design, development, test, integration, verification, validation and operation of complex, specialized products and/or technologies.
- Collaborate with project managers and project team members to develop system level requirements, translate those into specific requirements for product development and manage requirements throughout a project’s life cycle.
- Drive the development of system architecture, design and interface documentation.
- Perform trade studies, analyses and modeling in support of requirements engineering and system development.
- Create and maintain system budgets.
- Identify, assess and handle project risks.
- Provide technical leadership and review support to development groups during system design and development.
- Develop test plans and procedures for verification and validation of system requirements.
- Co-ordinate and support integration and testing activities.
- Prepare support documentation throughout all phases of a project.
- Support investigations and troubleshooting issues as they arise.
- Work with project managers and business stakeholders to ensure project schedules and budgets are maintained while accomplishing project deliverables.
- Support project managers and the business-development team with cost estimation and proposal preparation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering, or related field, with at least ten (10) years of experience with space or aviation systems design, analysis, subsystem component selection, and system evaluation; or a Master’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or related field and seven (7) years’ experience.
- Knowledge and experience in the design, analysis, integration and test of mission critical space systems and/or products.
- Experience calculating power budgets including atmospheric & environmental effects.
- Experience with design, development and engineering analyses.
- Experience with requirements management.
- Experience working with customers, subcontractors and vendors in technical and business relationship engagements.
- Highly motivated and able to operate in a fast-paced small team environment, balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders and working independently to complete multiple project objectives in emerging new space environments.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, including MS Project and MS Visio.
- Deadline oriented with an ability to manage multiple tasks and projects concurrently
- Capable of working under pressure to meet time critical deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to prepare and present reports to internal and external customers.
- Willingness to learn and adapt.
- Experience in the space industry working with government customers such as the Canadian Space Agency, National Aeronautics and Space Administration and/or the European Space Agency, as well as commercial customers.
- Experience with low-cost, rapid development approaches employed by the “new space” and/or “microspace” paradigms.
- In-depth design and development knowledge and experience in several of the following spacecraft subsystem areas:
- Electrical Power
- Command and Data handling
- Guidance, Navigation and Control
- Experience with project management practices.
- Ability to code in MATLAB, Python, C/C++ and/or VBA.
- Master’s degree or higher.
- Equal Employment Opportunity.
- All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada and must be able to meet the requirements necessary for current Government of Canada Controlled Goods clearance and Security clearance (Reliability status or higher).
- The successful candidate must provide proof of having received two (2) doses of a Canadian approved Covid-19 vaccination prior to the agreed upon employment start-date.
- Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and note position “Space Systems Engineer” in subject heading.
- We thank all applicants for their time and interest in Canadensys Aerospace and note that only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com