Canadensys Aerospace Corporation
Canadensys Aerospace Corporation is a Toronto-based space systems and advanced vehicle development company. We blend our heritage with micro and nano space technology and smart, ruggedized vehicle designs to develop unique solutions for planetary and orbital environments based on modern, commercial business approaches to space program and mission development.
We are seeking high-calibre, experienced candidates to join a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team working on a series of flight-focused and near-term space development activities.
We are seeking to augment our Program Formulation group with a Director of Business Development for our Bolton, Ontario location. The Director of Business Development will lead the development of business capture strategies, provide support to the program office on new business initiatives, identify and qualify business opportunities leading to proposal development and submission in anticipation of contract award. The successful candidate has established business relationships in civil and commercial spaceflight, will develop and maintain strong business relations with national space agencies, industry, and commercial spaceflight partners, and will utilize these business relationships in the execution of the business development strategy to develop opportunities for Canadensys solutions.
Preferred Experience and Capabilities:
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of space industry experience in a combined business development and program management role, an advanced degree in science or engineering, strong interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills and the ability to work and travel autonomously when needed. A degree in business and/or a PMP designation would be an asset. Several years experience as a Space Program Manager is expected. Past experience interfacing with senior representatives from the Canadian Space Agency, NASA, and ESA is desired.
The overarching aim of the role is to significantly accelerate our company’s sales and business development activities. The role entails engaging space science and engineering communities worldwide and managing our relationships with our customer set.
The Director of Business Development will:
- Identify prospects
- Secure and negotiate contracts and integrate contract requirements with business operations.
- Manage our relationships with our existing customers.
- Contribute as required to program implementation.
- Develop a strong understanding of our services within the broader context of the space industry and space science research community; follow the latest industry developments.
- Promote the company’s missions by giving talks/presentations/seminars at conferences, workshops and other events.
- Provide feedback on internal processes throughout the company, including changes to enhance efficiency and outcomes.
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada and must be able to meet the requirements necessary for current Government of Canada Security clearances as well as Controlled Goods clearances.
- The successful candidate must provide proof of having received three (3) doses of a Canadian approved Covid-19 vaccination prior to the agreed upon employment start-date.
- Please email your resume to: email@example.com and note position “Director of Business Development” in the subject heading.
- We thank all applicants for their time and interest in Canadensys Aerospace and note that only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org