Canadensys Aerospace is a Toronto-based space systems and services company with a focus on accessible space. Canadensys is particularly engaged in the area of small space systems for high-reliability, long duration and extreme environment applications. Products and services span two main business areas: Space Systems and Advanced Vehicle Research and Development. Canadensys is currently developing a number of systems to improve the reliability of small, low-cost missions in deep space with near term applications spanning Moon, Mars and Asteroid exploration and both government and commercial space initiatives.
We are seeking high-calibre, experienced candidates across many disciplines to join a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team working on a series of flight-focused, near-term space development activities.
Quality and Mission Assurance (QMA) Director Summary
We are on the hunt for a Quality and Mission Assurance (QMA) Director at our Bolton facility to implement a Quality Management System for a multifaceted company and provide Mission Assurance for our space projects.
As QMA Director, you will be responsible for leading quality assurance initiatives and providing mission assurance expertise for space projects.
- Ensure the appropriate mission assurance strategy is applied based on the project / customer.
- Collaborating with project managers and project team members to develop QMA requirements and project QMA plans.
- Supporting project managers, business stakeholders, and the business-development team with cost estimation, proposal preparation, and implementation of projects within project constraints.
- Applying QMA assurance knowledge to large and/or complex projects in the design, manufacturing, assembly, integration, verification, validation, and operation of complex, specialized products and/or technologies.
- Implementing and maintaining a quality management framework that meets ISO 9001 quality standards.
- Providing leadership relative to quality management system initiatives including the development of information control systems and policy development.
- Business process system management and continuous improvement.
- Implement process control for manufacturing.
- Leading non-conformance investigations and corrective actions.
Education, Experience and Qualifications
- B.Eng./M.Eng. in Engineering or equivalent.
- 20+ years related experience.
- Demonstrated experience with quality management systems preferably in a leadership role.
- Practical experience with information management and document control systems.
- Exposure to quality standards for space applications, aerospace, or safety critical systems.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, including MS Project, and information management tools.
- Experience in creating quality and product assurance plans.
- Experience working with customers, subcontractors, and vendors in technical and business relationship engagements.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent communication skills, initiative, superior problem-solving skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and willingness to learn and adapt.
- Deadline oriented with an ability to manage multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Capable of working under pressure to meet time critical deadlines.
- Experience in the space industry working with government customers such as the Canadian Space Agency, National Aeronautics and Space Administration and/or the European Space Agency, as well as commercial customers.
- Experience with low-cost, rapid development approaches employed by the “new space” and/or “microspace” paradigms.
- Knowledge and experience in the design, analysis, manufacturing, assembly, integration, test, and operation of mission critical space systems and/or products.
- Practical experience with failure modes and effects analyses, reliability analyses, and / or fault tree analyses
- Equal Employment Opportunity.
- All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada and meet Controlled Goods Clearance requirements and Canadian security clearance (minimum Reliability Status).
- Please email your resume to: email@example.com and note position “Quality and Mission Assurance Director” in subject heading.
- We thank all applicants for their time and interest in Canadensys Aerospace and note that only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org