Canadensys Aerospace Corporation
Canadensys Aerospace Corporation is a Toronto-based space systems and advanced vehicle development company founded on the heritage and expertise that spans several of Canada’s historic space achievements of the last three decades. We blend our heritage with micro and nano space technology and smart, ruggedized vehicle designs to develop unique solutions for planetary, orbital and terrestrial environments based on modern, commercial business approaches to space program and mission development.
We are seeking high-calibre, experienced candidates to join a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team working on a series of flight-focused and near-term space development activities.
Position Description – Senior Software Engineer
We currently have an opening for a Senior Software Systems Engineer to play a key role in the full product life cycle of products for next generation micro and nano space exploration systems and space-based services. This candidate will participate in the leadership and management of software/systems engineering activities, from early-phase formulation to flight operations. Experience in the development and test of flight spacecraft and/or robotic systems software is considered highly beneficial, as is the ability to work with rapid development timeframes.
- Senior role supporting the end-to-end software development cycle from early-phase formulation, advance builds, R&D and prototype validation to full flight-development, verification & test, flight operations and post-delivery support.
- Lead the development of plans and activities to develop, integrate and test software components traceable to system level requirements.
- Technical co-ordination and oversight of software work being performed by in-house and external developers.
- Documentation development for design, analysis, testing and integration.
- Technical interfacing with partners, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Implementation of industry standard practices for complex software systems.
- Support to front-end activities, including planning documentation, briefings, demonstrations, proposals.
- Support to project reporting in software engineering areas.
- Support to development of software development strategies & roadmaps.
- Identify, assess and handle project risks.
- Provide technical leadership and review support to development groups during software design and development.
- Develop test plans and procedures for verification and validation of software requirements.
- Co-ordinate and support integration and testing activities.
- Prepare support documentation throughout all phases of a project.
- Support investigations and troubleshooting issues as they arise.
- Work with project managers and business stakeholders to ensure project schedules and budgets are maintained while accomplishing project deliverables.
- Support project managers and the business-development team with cost estimation and proposal preparation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering with more than ten (10) years of software design and development, and project experience.
- Highly experienced in the management of software/network applications development.
- Experienced in requirement definition, verification traceability and resolution of software issues.
- Familiar with techniques for establishing and tracking software development progress.
- Familiar with software verification and validation.
- Familiar with C, C++
- Highly motivated and able to operate in a fast-paced small team environment, balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders and working independently to complete multiple project objectives in emerging new space environments.
- Deadline oriented with an ability to manage multiple tasks and projects concurrently
- Capable of working under pressure to meet time critical deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to prepare and present reports to internal and external customers.
- Willingness to learn and adapt.
- Experience in Systems and Software Engineering in the aerospace industry with a strong understanding of complex, integrated electromechanical systems and software.
- Management of complex out-sourcing of software deliverables.
- Experienced in the integration of software products developed by multiple sources.
- Familiar with several of the following
- Python, Perl, PHP, Android, iOS, and/or Linux systems
- Ground segment software and data handling for space systems
- Image processing software
- Computer/machine vision systems
- Autonomous robotics software
- 3D data/product generation
- Small satellite systems flight experience.
- Robotics experience.
- Deep space/planetary exploration experience.
- Commercial spaceflight experience.
- Master’s degree or higher.
- Equal Employment Opportunity.
- All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada and must be able to meet the requirements necessary for current Government of Canada Controlled Goods clearance and Security clearance (Reliability status or higher).
- The successful candidate must provide proof of having received two (2) doses of a Canadian approved Covid-19 vaccination prior to the agreed upon employment start-date.
- Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and note position “Senior Software Engineer” in subject heading.
- We thank all applicants for their time and interest in Canadensys Aerospace and note that only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com