Canadensys Aerospace Corporation
Canadensys Aerospace Corporation is a Toronto-based space systems and advanced vehicle development company founded on the heritage and expertise that spans several of Canada’s historic space achievements of the last three decades. We blend our heritage with micro and nano space technology and smart, ruggedized vehicle designs to develop unique solutions for planetary, orbital and terrestrial environments based on modern, commercial business approaches to space program and mission development.
We are seeking high-calibre, experienced candidates to join a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team working on a series of flight-focused and near-term space development activities.
Position Description – Thermal Systems Engineer
We are looking for a Thermal Systems Engineer to develop thermal control solutions for space missions. You will identify thermal architectures and apply them to create viable thermal designs for our commercial and government customers, establish interfaces and define requirements, perform trade studies and thermal analyses, build and test hardware, and support proposals and advanced concept studies. You will be working in a team-based environment to conquer the unique challenges of developing flexible systems and subsystems for small spacecraft on demanding timelines for missions to Earth orbit, cislunar and deep space.
- Perform the thermal design and analysis of lunar surface space-based instruments applying best practices, the latest research, and incorporating leading-edge technologies. Designs include hardware as well as control systems to manage system temperatures within safe operating and survival ranges.
- Collaborate with systems engineers and project team members to develop subsystem-level requirements, and develop products based on those requirements.
- Conduct complex design and thermal analyses demonstrating that acceptable margins can be achieved in nominal and off-nominal conditions, using closed-form analytical methods as well as computational methods.
- Support the selection and procurement of thermal control hardware, oversee hardware fabrication, and assist with integrating hardware into assemblies.
- Develop thermal test plans at the component, subsystem, and system level, and support the running and reporting of those tests to verify and validate system design.
- Prepare support documentation throughout all phases of a project.
- Support investigations and troubleshooting issues as they arise.
- Work with project managers and business stakeholders to ensure project schedules and budgets are maintained while accomplishing project deliverables.
- Support project managers and the business-development team with cost estimation and proposal preparation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering, or related field, with at least two (2) years’ experience with thermal systems design, analysis, subsystem component selection, and system evaluation; or a Master’s or PhD degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or related field.
- Knowledge and experience in the design, analysis, integration and test of thermal systems.
- Experience with thermal and mechanical computer-aided design software tools, in particular Thermal Desktop or Simcenter 3D.
- An understanding of the application of the theories, principles, and techniques central to heat transfer and thermal control.
- Experience with requirements management.
- Experience working with customers, subcontractors and vendors in technical and business relationship engagements.
- Highly motivated and able to operate in a fast-paced small team environment, balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders and working independently to complete multiple project objectives in emerging new space environments.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office.
- Deadline oriented with an ability to manage multiple tasks and projects concurrently
- Capable of working under pressure to meet time critical deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to prepare and present reports to internal and external customers.
- Willingness to learn and adapt.
- Experience with the definition and modelling of multi-layer insulation and loop heat pipes
- Experience modelling natural and forced convection, linear conduction, radiation, and numerical algorithms.
- Experience in the space industry working with government customers such as the Canadian Space Agency, National Aeronautics and Space Administration and/or the European Space Agency, as well as commercial customers.
- Experience with low-cost, rapid development approaches employed by the “new space” and/or “microspace” paradigms.
- Ability to code in MATLAB, Python, C/C++ and/or VBA.
- Master’s degree or higher.
- Equal Employment Opportunity.
- All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada and must be able to meet the requirements necessary for current Government of Canada Controlled Goods clearance and Security clearance (Reliability status or higher).
- This is an in-person position at our Bolton, Ontario facility.
- Please email your resume to: email@example.com and note position “Thermal Systems Engineer” in subject heading.
- We thank all applicants for their time and interest in Canadensys Aerospace and note that only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org