Canadensys Aerospace Corporation
Canadensys Aerospace Corporation is a Toronto-based space systems and advanced vehicle development company founded on the heritage and expertise that spans several of Canada’s historic space achievements of the last three decades. We blend our heritage with micro and nano space technology and smart, ruggedized vehicle designs to develop unique solutions for planetary, orbital and terrestrial environments based on modern, commercial business approaches to space program and mission development.
We are seeking high-calibre, experienced candidates to join a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team working on a series of flight-focused and near-term space development activities.
Position Description – Program Manager
Canadensys Aerospace is looking for a Program Manager to oversee the development and delivery of space hardware and software, inclusive of associated internal projects of support to same. The successful candidate will work with teammates across Canadensys. The primary objective will be the delivery of all contractual requirements on cost and on schedule while achieving all technical requirements and fostering customer trust toward achieving collaborative solutions. The individual will lead a cross-functional organization aligned to common project performance goals. Program Managers are responsible for leading all phases of the program life cycle from inception (proposal development) through startup, execution, and completion (contract closeout). The Program Manager’s responsibilities are broad and rewarding; you are the direct interface to external customers in this position. For your external end-item customer, you are responsible for capturing new and follow-on business through the development of business relationships and achieving program expectations. For your internal customer, you are responsible for supporting in all necessary capacities to ensure Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost goals for your program are achieved.
- Cultivate customer relationships and intimacy to develop further opportunities within the customer community.
- Lead and direct cross-functional integrated engineering personnel to meet project cost, schedule and technical performance objectives. Measure and report project performance.
- Deliver presentations to customers, executive management and other project stakeholders.
- Participate in the development and refinement of contracts, contract changes, specifications, operating budgets, schedule milestones, and key terms and conditions.
- Establish design concepts, criteria, and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and testing.
- Create, review and finalize project Statements of Work.
- Identification, distribution, tracking, and completion of project requirements.
- Establishment and management of the project and subordinate baselines. Development and adherence to budget baselines utilizing Earned Value Management (EVM) or similar cost & schedule control methodologies and tools.
- Identify, allocate and manage project resources, including workforce planning.
- Manage government/customer-supplied property or information.
- Manage suppliers to meet project objectives.
- Adhere to all internal processes, policies, and applicable industry standards.
- Ensure project team understands and adheres to contract scope and manages change through control board activities.
- Develop and adhere to master plans and schedules.
- Conduct thorough risk & opportunity management practices including identification, mitigation and realization
- Develop creative technical alternatives during course of job assignments to reach desired outcome.
- Perform work utilizing frequent application of in-depth engineering principles.
- Provide guidance to engineers and report writers in the solution of specific, complex design problems, which must be resolved during development and testing.
- Assure supervision awareness of project status, problems and successes. Provide/chair periodic design reviews, critical review boards and update presentations to management and executive teams.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace, or STEM-related field, with at least five (5) years technical experience.
- Ability to manage external customers and internal functional teams through all aspects of engineering, development, hardware fabrication and testing.
- Ability to utilize excellent decision-making and risk management skills to create profit and meet schedule.
- Experience with leadership, coaching and building effective teams.
- Demonstrated financial management skills including development and control of program budgets, schedules, risk management, EAC’s and the ability to recognize and capture program changes.
- Action-oriented; driven by measurable results.
- Demonstrated experience leading the performance of tasks on schedule, at cost and achieving all requirements as either project lead, integrated project team or cost account manager.
- Demonstrated success leading teams/and or organizations to achieve a common goal.
- Highly motivated and able to operate in a fast-paced small team environment, balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders and working independently to complete multiple program objectives in emerging new space environments.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, including MS Project.
- Deadline-oriented with an ability to manage multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Capable of working under pressure to meet time-critical deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to prepare and present reports to internal and external customers.
- Willingness to learn and adapt.
- STEM-related Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and 10 years of experience.
- Experience in the space industry working with government customers such as the Canadian Space Agency, National Aeronautics and Space Administration and/or the European Space Agency, as well as commercial customers.
- Experience with low-cost, rapid development approaches employed by the “new space” and/or “microspace” paradigms.
- Experience with the fundamentals of spacecraft/space vehicle engineering from concept through to space flight deployment.
- In-depth design and development knowledge and experience in spacecraft, or space vehicle, subsystem engineering.
- Experience with growing existing business and/or new business with current customers.
- Experience with cybersecurity, networking, or manufacturing.
- Equal Employment Opportunity.
- All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada and must be able to meet the requirements necessary for current Government of Canada Controlled Goods clearance and Security clearance (Reliability status or higher).
- Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and note the position “Program Manager” in the subject heading.
- We thank all applicants for their time and interest in Canadensys Aerospace and note that only those applicants who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com