Canadensys Aerospace Corporation
Canadensys Aerospace Corporation is a Toronto-based space systems and advanced vehicle development company founded on the heritage and expertise that spans several of Canada’s historic space achievements of the last three decades. We blend our heritage with micro and nano space technology and smart, ruggedized vehicle designs to develop unique solutions for planetary, orbital and terrestrial environments based on modern, commercial business approaches to space program and mission development.
We are seeking high-calibre, experienced candidates to join a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team working on a series of flight-focused and near-term space development activities.
Position Description – Intermediate Electrical Systems Engineer
As an Intermediate Electrical Systems Engineer, you will support the design and development of electrical subsystems across the full product life cycle from R&D and early-phase design to full flight-build, test, and operations. You will be working in a team-based environment to conquer the unique challenges of developing flexible electrical subsystems for small spacecraft on demanding timelines for missions to Earth orbit, cislunar and deep space.
- Intermediate role supporting the end-to-end electrical design and development cycle, from early-phase formulation, R&D, prototyping and engineering model development, to final flight design, build, test and delivery.
- Analog and digital circuitry design and troubleshooting.
- Schematic and board-level design of circuit boards, including design-for-manufacture aspects in coordination with contract manufacturers.
- Documentation development and drawings for design, analysis, testing, manufacturing, product specification, report writing, etc.
- Hardware assembly, integration, and testing for verification and validation.
- Coordinate with direct and indirect customers and suppliers to determine system requirements and resolve problems.
- Develop creative technical alternatives during course of job assignments to reach desired outcome.
- Perform work utilizing frequent application of in-depth engineering principles.
- Maintain a high degree of proficiency in computer applications to accomplish tasks.
- Instruct suppliers as to materials, equipment and hardware for utilization on spacecraft/space systems in accordance with approved specifications.
- Maintain contact with product support engineering and production departments to resolve engineering problems impeding production and to assist in the incorporation of new design concepts and changes.
- Provide guidance to engineers and report writers in the solution of specific, complex design problems, which must be resolved during development and testing.
- Assure supervision awareness of program status, problems and successes. Provides periodic design reviews and update presentations to management of engineering and other company organizations and tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with at least two (2) years of electronic design and development, and project experience, or a Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Highly motivated and able to operate in a fast-paced small team environment, balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders and working independently to complete multiple project objectives in emerging new space environments.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, including MS Project and MS Visio.
- Deadline oriented with an ability to manage multiple tasks and projects concurrently
- Capable of working under pressure to meet time critical deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to prepare and present reports to internal and external customers.
- Willingness to learn and adapt.
- Experience with the design and build of micro/nano satellites, deep space & planetary instrumentation and/or robotic systems would be a strong asset.
- Experience with small satellite flight systems.
- Experience in the design, build, verification and validation of robotics.
- Experience with deep space / planetary exploration projects.
- Experience with commercial space flight ventures.
- Experience in embedded software/firmware development.
- Strong understanding of complex electrical and electromechanical systems.
- Familiarity with
- EAGLE and/or ALTIUM
- ECNs, BOMs, documentation systems, schematic capture & PCB layout tools
- Various programming languages
- Spaceflight requirements (IPC)
- Equal Employment Opportunity.
- All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada and must be able to meet the requirements necessary for current Government of Canada Controlled Goods clearance and Security clearance (Reliability status or higher).
- Canadian citizenship required.
- Please email your resume to: email@example.com and note position “Intermediate Electrical Engineer” in the subject heading.
- We thank all applicants for their time and interest in Canadensys Aerospace and note that only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org